The white sandy beaches are just one of many reasons why people love visiting Rarotonga. You can also enjoy a day at the beach, go snorkelling, or even take a boat tour of the lagoon. If adventure tourism is more your style, there are also an abundance of marine life to see and explore nearby.
If your budget doesn’t stretch as far as your holiday dreams, top up your holiday spending with a travel loan from Instant Finance. After not being able to travel for so long, you’ll want to have the best time possible! Talk to us about a travel loan to suit your holiday & budget.
The Best Luxury Hotels For your Holidays in Rarotonga at Your Fingertips
Rarotonga is a very attractive destination for those looking for luxury accommodation. Hotels on the island range from family-friendly to 18+ and private luxury, so it's easy to find a hotel that suits your needs.
The first thing you need to do is decide what kind of accommodation you are looking for. There are also many villas that offer more privacy or space than the average hotel.
- The Edgewater Resort and Spa is located on six acres of lush tropical beachside, sheltered on the western coast of Rarotonga. They are just a short 5-minute drive from the airport and a 10-minute drive from Avarau (local town). We're sure they'll have the perfect spot for you to relax and make your trip an authentic island experience, one you'll never forget.
- Muri Beach Club Hotel puts guests at the heart of one of Rarotonga's most outstanding natural features, Muri Lagoon, fantastic for swimming and snorkelling, where guests can also explore the local marine life.
- A haven for privacy and luxury seekers is here! Unwind & indulge in comfort at the award-winning 5-star tropical destination - the Little Polynesian Resort. This is the ideal location for honeymooners and couples looking for a romantic and picturesque escape.
- Te Manava Luxury Villas & Spa is the ideal villa for those who like to indulge themselves in grandeur. The luxuries surrounding you will make you feel right at home; with all the privacy and independence you need.
With so many things to do in Rarotonga, any place you choose to stay will be close to access all of Rarotonga’s activities. If you want to push the boat out and stay in luxury, apply for a travel loan today!
What Should I See and Do in Rarotonga?
When you visit a new place, it’s always fun to experience the life & culture of the country. In Rarotonga, land-based tours range from buses and electric tuk-tuks to mountain bikes, scooters and off-road quads or buggies. There’s even a highly rated party bus nightlife tour for visitors who want to dance the night away in the safe hands of a trusted local guide.
Why not try:
1) Visit the market in Avarua
2) Watch the sunset at Titi Hill
3) Try kava tasting (a traditional drink made from roots of the pepper plant)
4) Visit historic sites such as Te Rua Manga also known as the needle (the highest vantage point on Rarotonga)
5) Visitors often choose to take the Raemaru trek, which is a lot easier than the cross-island trek, with just 90 minutes required for the return.
Looking for some more adventure?
Apart from amazing cultural experiences, Rarotonga offers a place to explore your adventurous side! Some of the best places around the island can be found with tours. There are a variety of different water adventure tours available, with bottom glass boats, kayaks, and stand-up paddleboards being some of the most popular. You can also visit the island’s volcano, go swimming with dolphins, and explore the multiple lagoons.
- Do you love sea creatures? Cook Islands Turtle Tour is the perfect tour for wildlife lovers. Instead of searching for marine life, go on a tour where you’re guaranteed to see turtles. A photographer will be with you to snap photos of the entire experience!
- No, you don’t need to be a diver to have all the fun in Rarotonga! On this Turtle and Ray Snorkel Tour, you'll get close-up views of a range of tropical sea life and turtles and if conditions are good, go snorkelling with eagle rays too!
- Spectacular Over-Water Night Show with Buffet Dinner at Te Vara Nui Village, sit back and experience breath-taking views of the Pacific Ocean and learn about cook island history and culture. Have a seat while some talented dancers & fire performers demonstrate their skills by torchlight.
- Going on an adventure with Raro Buggy Tours is another fun thing to do while in Rarotonga. You'll see lots of different parts of the island, and learn about their culture but you may get super muddy if you’re not careful!
Ready to treat yourself to a winter escape in Rarotonga? Make sure your budget matches the holiday of your dreams and talk to us about a travel loan. If you are planning a city holiday, check out our take on winter holidays in Australia.