Take control of your finances with a personal loan from Instant Finance
- Apply online in minutes
- Get your money, in most cases, the same day
- Fixed interest rates for the term of your loan
- Fixed loan repayments
Borrow from $200 up to $20,000
- Consolidate debt with an affordable, fixed-rate loan
- Pay for unexpected expenses or a major purchase
- Start that home improvement project now
- Pay for medical expenses or finance that new car
We’ve been helping everyday Kiwis with personal finance for over 45 years. You may be looking for an instant cash loan and that’s what we aim to achieve, but we also offer you so much more.
- ✓ Easy to understand loan application process.
- ✓ A strong commitment to responsible lending.
- ✓ Advice on understanding fees and responsibilities, interest rates charged, secured and unsecured loans, repayment plans and household budgets.
Experience the Instant Finance service for yourself by applying for a personal loan today. Find your nearest Instant Finance branch using our easy branch finder or apply for your personal loan online.
How personal loans work at a glance
- Interest rates for personal loans range from 19.95% to 29.95% p.a.
- Interest rates on all loans are fixed for the term of your loan. The interest rate that applies to your loan will be based on a range of factors including your circumstances, credit history with us or others, the security you can provide and the loan amount.
- Personal loan repayments are required by equal instalments and interest over terms between three months and three years.
- Establishment fees vary based on the new loan amount. Full details of all fees are available here rates and fees
What to have handy when applying online
If you are able to supply us with a completed application form and the required supporting documentation, in most cases, you can have money in the bank the same day.
Here’s what you’ll need to have handy;
- A valid ID, such as a current New Zealand Drivers Licence or Passport.
- Proof of income, such as a bank statement (or if self-employed, an annual return).
- Proof of your address, such as a tenancy agreement or a recent utility bill (e.g. telephone or power bill in your name).
Please note that if you are planning on using your home as security for the loan we will also need a mortgage statement. Alternatively, you can call us on 0800 760 000 or download our application form and fax it to us, post it or bring it along with you to your nearest Instant Finance branch and one of our friendly staff will help you complete your application so we can process it quickly and approve your loan (don’t forget to bring your ID and your paperwork with you).
Don’t like filling out forms? Call us on 0800 760 000 and speak with a finance company who cares.
We have experienced, supportive and friendly staff to talk to. They’ll help you with any questions you may have, such as applying for secured loans or unsecured loans, bad credit history, loans for beneficiaries, emergency cash loans, debt consolidation loans, car loans, how interest rates are charged, and more.
How quickly can I have cash in the bank?
Once we have all the information needed to assess the loan application we work hard to meet your timing requirements. Often this is on the same day. For larger or more complex loans we may need a little longer, but we will always give you a clear indication of the time involved and what we need from you to speed up the process.
How will a bad credit history affect me when applying for a personal loan?
We know that things don’t always go to plan. An important part of what we do is understanding your personal circumstances and helping you through those situations and difficult times. If you have had trouble with loan or bill payments and have some issues on your credit rating or report, we may still be able to help. Not all bad credit is the same. At Instant Finance we assess a person’s situation individually, listen to the circumstances and make a lending decisions accordingly.
We may not always be able to do everything you want but we will try to help, even if it’s with a lesser amount, or just some straight forward advice. For example, we may look at helping with a debt consolidation loan, or formulating a plan to repair and rehabilitate your credit record over time.
What is the difference between a secured personal loan and a unsecured personal loan?
A secured personal loan is one where you are able to provide us with a charge over one or more of your possessions as collateral. Security is one of the elements we consider in assessing loan applications.
Unsecured loans do not require you (the borrower) to provide any collateral or security for the loan. In most cases, this means the amount you are able to borrow is less and also, the interest rate charged would be higher than a secured loan.
Can I use a personal loan to consolidate and pay off other loans/debt?
Yes, you certainly can. We provide funds to repay debt with other lenders, as well as a wide range of other needs that pop up, like outstanding bills or unexpected costs, family emergencies and events, travel, car repairs or purchase, new or replacement household items, school uniforms and fees.
Talk to our friendly staff about what we can make possible for you, call us on 0800 760 000 or call in to one of our 26 branches.